Monday, June 23, 2014

Demi Lovato Covers ‘Seventeen’ Talks Rehab and Past Struggles, Offers Advice and Encouragement

Demi Lovato graces the cover of Seventeen magazine and opens up on what she has learned from rehab and her past struggles while sharing encouraging words of wisdom for her fans. She also appears with rainbow colored hair and a denim jacket in a retro-1980s style photo shoot.




The 21-year-old pop star has always been candid about her struggles which culminated in a stint at rehab in 2010 at Timberline Knolls near Chicago. She continues her inspirational mission with this latest interview and cover story.

Reflecting upon her past, she told ‘Seventeen,’ “Since I went to treatment, there have been days when it’s felt really easy, and I’ve felt great about where I am. But then I have moments when it’s not. That’s life. You can’t just take your mind and your body into the shop and get it fixed. It doesn’t come out repaired. It’s not like a car. It takes time – pace yourself.’

She went on to offer words of encouragement helpful for anyone who is struggling of any age: “Every day is a new opportunity to change your life and be who you want to be.”

She spoke of the importance of being surrounded by people who are encouraging, saying, “I have to have friends in my life who believe they’re going places and are working toward their dreams. When you’re growing and the people around you aren’t, that’s when you have to start shedding them.”

She added, “I’ve done that a lot over the past few years, but it has been so worth it, because the people in my life today inspire me to keep being creative, to have fun, and to be a good person. My network of women is pretty incredible. I have friends who I can call in the middle of the night just to ask for advice. I’m constantly doing that.”

Now that she is back in the limelight, having been a judge on The X Factor USA, as well as continuing her success as a pop star with her headlining Neon Lights tour, she has also been active on social media, particularly Twitter where she has millions of followers.

And with Twitter comes challenges and potential public battles, as we know. She said of it, “I’m impulsive when it comes to fighting back, but I’ve learned to reel it in. Tweeting without thinking does more harm than good. So take a second. Journal what you want to say, and then if you still feel the same later, that’s when you can tweet it.”

More popular than ever Demi Lovato continues to motivate and inspire. You can see more of the interview and the photos at Seventeen can be seen here.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/I9kTsq39iPE/

Katharine Towne Jodi Lyn OKeefe Tara Conner Melissa George Audrina Patridge Chloë Sevigny

No comments:

Post a Comment