Sunday, June 22, 2014

Robert Pattinson on Depression and Anxiety after ‘Twilight Saga’ and Moving on

Robert Pattinson opened up about depression and anxiety and his thoughts on therapy in the aftermath of ‘The Twilight Saga.’ He also spoke about his new movie, ‘The Rover,’ and the future direction of his career in a candid and absorbing interview with The Telegraph.




It would not be unreasonable to speculate that the 28-year-old Robert Pattinson looks forward to a day in which he will not have to talk about his ‘Twilight Saga’ tenure any longer. In that future day, hopefully not too far off, interviewers will be content to discuss his current project.

In this case it is ‘The Rover’ a post-apocalyptic thriller which had drawn notice and some polarizing reviews. He costars with Guy Pearce even as he sheds his matinee idol pretty boy image for some rough-and-tumble in the Australian outback in the aftermath of one of those unspecified civilization-ending events we have come to see so often in literature and film.

As for his new movie, he told ‘The Telegraph,’ “I’m curious to know whether people who liked the Twilight movies will come and see things like The Rover…Hopefully they’ll enjoy it. I try to do ambitious projects but I don’t know if people are going to like them. You just try and do things which are challenging and hopefully people will appreciate that.”

But as for ‘The Twilight Saga,’ he also spoke of what it’s been liking moving on with his career, saying, “I had a bit of a struggle at first because my life really contracted and I couldn’t do a lot of the stuff I used to be able to do. But once I got through that a year or two ago, I just accepted my life is something else and now I can’t really remember what it was like before. So it’s much easier to deal with.”

He went on to reflect, saying, “It seems much longer ago than two years since the last Twilight came out and I think as you get older you get a bit more confident with every movie you do, so it’s been a gradual graduation to this.”

He also said — “I would love to go into therapy but it makes me too anxious” — before going on to speak in earnest of the issue: “I’ve been talking to a lot of people about it and I don’t know. I kind of like my anxiety in a funny sort of way and I like my peaks and troughs. Luckily depression never lasts long with me.”

Later, in summing him his life as it is now, he said, ““I’m extremely lucky which always makes me a little nervous…I don’t quite know why I got so lucky but yeah, it’s just ridiculous and I’m pretty happy. Yeah, definitely pretty happy.

It’s one of several in-depth interviews that Robert Pattinson has given in recent weeks. Aside from what has been quoted above, the interview with The Telegraph goes into far more detail and you can read it in its entirety here.

Check out Robert Pattinson’s appearance at the ‘The Rover’ red carpet below.







Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/-81BJoQKHY0/

Cheryl Burke Vanessa Minnillo Pamela Anderson Nicky Hilton Marisa Coughlan Ashley Tappin

No comments:

Post a Comment