Monday, May 27, 2013

David Beckham Retires!

Omg! This is craziness. I know he is getting old(er) and the whole quit while your ahead thing, but I just was not prepared for this just yet. David Beckham has retired at 38 years young.

Beckham released a statement saying,

‘I’m thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level.’

David is a soccer superstar. Known around the world for his skills and even had a movie named “Bend it like Beckham” he is definitely an icon. He has 115 caps and is the only British soccer player/footballer in history to have four different championships in different countries. Over all he has won six Premier League titles, two F.A. Cups and the 1999 Champions League title. He joined Real Madrid in the summer of 2003 in a mega transfer worth $45 million.

He is a legend and will go down in history as such.

“If you had told me as a young boy I would have played for and won trophies with my boyhood club Manchester United, proudly captained and played for my country over one hundred times and lined up for some of the biggest clubs in the world, I would have told you it was a fantasy,” Beckham said in a statement. “I’m fortunate to have realized those dreams.”

 

 

 

Well, he sure has made quite an impact, but I know this is not the last we have seen of him. He will likely still have endorsement deals of which will hopefully include those underwear campaigns. I wonder what this means in terms of his living arrangements? Will they stay in the US or move back to England?

What do you think about David Beckham retiring? Was it a surprise move?

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/EyTiZlKfeF0/

Ananda Lewis Cat Power Sarah Shahi Liz Phair Bali Rodriguez Lindsay Price

No comments:

Post a Comment