Monday, March 31, 2014

Dermot Mulroney on How He Got His Iconic Scar, His Role in ‘Crisis’

Dermot Mulroney opens up about how he got his iconic scar above his lip and talks about ‘Crisis’ the political thriller series on NBC in which he has a starring role among other topics in a new interview.




The dashingly handsome actor is now 50 years old and he has always had that scar. Many are curious about it. Many have Googled ‘Dermot Mulroney scar’ or even typed in the question, ‘How did Dermot Mulroney get his scar?” And, as we know when we go searching we will find answers, but there’s no guarantee they are true!

The actor himself tells Chicago Sun-Times ‘Splash’ Magazine, “t was a long time ago, so I’ve always had it. I was 3½ and I was carrying a dish for our pet rabbits. And I tripped and it broke, and I fell on it.”

He went on to say, “I definitely remember that day, even though I was 3 years old. I don’t think about it or see it, but it’s always been there. It certainly has its place on my face, right below my right nostril. That’s where it belongs.”

And he has left it, unchanged all these years while people have wondered and speculated. Recently he was seen in the big screen adaptation of the Pulitzer prize winning play “August: Osage County,” alongside Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts among others. Now he appears weekly on NBC on the new political drama and thriller, ‘Crisis’ alongside Gillian Anderson. The series chronicles the aftermath of a hijacking and hostage taking of a school bus in Washington, DC filled with the children of the powerful and wealthy; among them the President’s son.

He talked about his role as the former CIA analyst, Francis Gibson a parent and chaperone on the hijacked bus, saying of the character whose loyalties are uncertain, ” “I’ve finally understood what people mean when they say, ‘The character got under my skin. I’m exploring the psychology of a man who has elements in his personality unchecked by conventional thinking. I’ve had some dark thoughts these days.”

He went on to talk about what it was like being in Chicago in the winter for the filming of the TV series, noting, “It’s at least half mental. You just wear the cold like a warm shirt” and he reminisced about the movie which launched him to stardom, “My Best Friend’s Wedding,” opposite Julia Roberts, which also was shot on location in Chicago, saying, “‘Coming back here to shoot, I’ll go by a stairway to an L where I know we shot a scene, or by a nightclub where we filmed. I’m always happening upon these locations that I shot at 16, 17 years ago, and I remember them like it was yesterday.”

Of that movie, he assessed that his character and Julia Roberts’ character not winding up together “is what makes it a great movie. You need to be upset, or it wouldn’t be that great. If those characters had gotten together, that movie wouldn’t have the same impact that it’s had.”

The full interview can be seen here in which he discusses the character in depth and the choices he has made as an actor in the numerous movies he has made throughout the 2000s and the 2010s. You can also see Dermot Mulroney talking about the new series ‘Crisis’ in the video below!




Pictures: PR Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RightCelebrity/~3/TojadTYwQ7Y/

Karen Carreno Busy Philipps Monica Bellucci Shiri Appleby Jamie Chung Julie Benz

No comments:

Post a Comment